XS Power Batteries is looking for an experienced Purchasing Manager to oversee and manage purchases to meet inventory requirements. We are a rapidly growing manufacturer of performance batteries located in Knoxville, TN. We are looking for someone who will take pride in our product so any interest in automotive racing, performance or audio is a plus! The Purchasing Manager will manage incoming finished goods and component parts needed for XS Power and its subsidiaries.
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with other departments and leadership to identify and develop needs and requirements for equipment, materials, products, and acceptable substitutions.
- Assesses current material availability; reasonably predicts future availability based on the market, delivery systems, and other variables.
- Experienced in inventory planning by making accurate projections for future material requirements.
- Prepares and processes purchase orders and requisitions for materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Drafts, explains, and implements instructions, policies, and procedures for purchasing and contract management.
- Resolves grievances with vendors, contractors, and suppliers.
- Maintains and/or implements purchasing and recordkeeping systems.
- Acts as the company’s representative in negotiations with suppliers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skill.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Understanding of business and management principles.
- Thorough understanding of materials and supplies used in the companies.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite, QuickBooks, etc.
Interested candidates should apply by forwarding your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to list the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls please.